Assignment 8








I took one photography in the water fountain, and took one picture about the dry ground. I want to have the comparison between the fertility and dryness in the society. For example, in the Africa area which is full of conflicts and wars always have the lack of natural resources, and people cannot always have enough food and water in order to survive. I used to see a picture that reveals the actual situation in Africa at that time, and that picture is just a ground with big gaps which is caused by lack of water. I feel so shocked because I have never seen a ground like that. We always live in an environment that we can have almost everything that we need such as food, water, technology, clothes, paper, etc.

California announced drought a year before, and this news panic lots of people in California because they are worried that they don’t have enough water to survive. Although the drought was being announced, it still did not affect people’s lives that much. Even though the drought did not affect much on people’s life, I still reflect on the different attitudes between people in California and in Africa. People in Africa are used to the situation without enough natural resources, and people in California have not experienced life like that. Therefore, I want to make comparison between the different lifestyle and situation that people have in two different places. Therefore, I take a picture of water in the campus, and also take one picture which have gap on the ground to reflect the ground with lack of water. During the adjustment in the Lightroom, I darken the picture with ground and add more light to the water one because the first one should reflect dark side of the society, and the second one is more positive side.

Comments

  1. You have brought a new way of thinking to this and I like it. Your explanation is well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts